The Student News Site of West Boca Raton High School

The West Boca Bullseye

The Bullseye
  • Welcome to West Boca High School's official newspaper, The Bullseye! Follow us on Instagram and Facebook @wbhsbullseye

The West Boca Bullseye

The West Boca Bullseye

Polls

How are you studying for finals?

• Reviewing Notes (56%, 5 Votes)
  • I'm not :( (44%, 4 Votes)
  • Tutoring (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Video Lessons (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Group Study Sessions! (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 9

Loading ... Loading ...
8-year-old Vlada Hranchar is a Future World No. 1
West Boca Baseball Wins Third Straight District Championship

May 3, 2024

West Boca’s Track Team Destroys at Districts

May 1, 2024

Florida Panthers, The Atlantic Division Champions

April 18, 2024

View All

Summer 2024 Movies

Brianna Jarzomkowske
A screenshot of the results when you search Summer 2024 movies!

Summer 2024 is right around the corner. It is time for a sneak peek of the movies hitting theaters this summer break. It looks like it’s going to be a memorable one for the books!

Inside Out 2: Inside Out 2, the sequel to the comedy/fantasy film Inside Out, hits theaters on June 14, 2024.. Inside Out 2 returns to the mind of Riley while headquarters is undergoing some unexpected changes. New emotions begin to show up and the original cast of emotions doesn’t know how to feel about the whole thing. Issues arise when they have conflict on how to deal with issues in headquarters. The movie is projected to be 1 hour and 40 minutes. I’m personally very excited. The first movie connected to me a lot when I was younger and I’m happy they’re remaking the movie now that she is a teenager.
Pre-movie rating: 4/5

Deadpool and Wolverine: Deadpool is back at it again with its third movie coming out this summer, this time with wolverine. This action-comedy is coming out July 26th and is going to be a good one.
Wolverine is dealing with his injuries and crosses paths with Deadpool. They team up to defeat a common enemy. This will apparently change the history of MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe). The movie is 2 hours and 7 minutes long, so expect to see a lot of action!
While I do not usually watch many action movies, I am interested in seeing this movie due to me watching the two previous Deadpools. I have never seen a Wolverine movie though so I do not know what to exactly expect for the duo. To me, anything with Ryan Reynolds in it is usually a great movie.
Pre-movie rating: 3/5

Despicable Me 4:Despicable Me 4 is a new upcoming Family/Comedy coming to theaters July 3rd. In this sequel to the other 3 Despicable me movies Gru introduces a new baby, Gru Jr. It seems the new baby almost has a mission to torment his father. While they finally seem like a happy and peaceful family, this quickly comes to an end when they get targeted by a criminal mastermind, Maxime Le Mal. The movie is 1 hour and 34 minutes long. I personally liked the first 3 so i’m excited to see what they are going to do with the 4th one. Sofia Vergara is also starring as a side villain, Valentina. She is very talented and I personally think she’s going to bring good energy to the movie.
Pre-Movie rating: 3/5

Challengers: Challengers, a sports romantic drama film that hit theaters on April 22nd. The story follows a professional tennis champion (Art Donaldson) who is seeking a comeback against another player with his wife (Tashi Duncan), who is a former tennis prodigy that is retired. This other player he is going against (Patrick Zweig) is his former best friend and his wife’s former lover. The movie is 2 hours and 11 minutes long, so get your popcorn ready.
Personally, this movie looks really interesting. I am a sucker for romance movies and I’ve been seeing previews left in right since the end of 2023. I also love Zendaya as an actor, so I am excited to see her take on this role. She is very talented in all genres.
Pre-movie rating: 4/5

IF: IF is a classic family/comedy movie coming May 17th! This live action animated movie follows a young girl (Bea) and her neighbor (Cal) who find themselves able to see imaginary friends. This movie is an hour and 44 minutes long, so a good time for some good laughs.
I personally am not the biggest kid’s movie fan but this actually looks really cute and I might have to see this.
Pre-movie rating: 4/5

The Garfield Movie: The Garfield Movie is a family/comedy that hit theaters on May 19th! In this movie you see Garfield reunite with his father, a street cat Vic. Although it was his first time meeting him, his dad was able to convince him to go on a high-stake heist with him. Together, Garfield, his dad, and Odie go on an adventure with a few new characters. The movie already has a rating of 93% so I can’t imagine it being that bad. I’ve never been a huge fan of Garfield, but this seems like a fun family cartoon!
Pre-movie rating: 3/5

The Strangers: Chapter 1: This horror/slasher movie is one of the few horror movies coming out this summer. After their car breaks down in a spooky small town, a young couple is then forced to spend the night in a nearby cabin. Panic ensues as they are terrorized by three masked strangers. This will definitely be a scary hour and 31 minutes to endure! The film was just released on May 17th.
Due to this only being chapter 1, chapter 2 will be later released in 2024 and possibly a chapter 3 being made as well.
I am really excited to see this movie. I have been trying to get into horror movies and this one has my attention. I will definitely be seeing this in theaters this summer.
Pre-movie rating: 5/5

A Quiet Place: Day One: A Quiet Place is a Horror/Sci-fi movie coming to theaters on June 27, 2024. It is a spin-off prequel and the third installment in the A Quiet Place film series. The story is set in New York, where blind alien creatures hunt by only sound. A woman named Sammy is fighting to survive. I haven’t seen the other movies so i don’t have perfect judgment but it looks very interesting. I’m definitely going to be watching in theaters.
Pre-Rating:4/5