David Rudd – Farewell letter

David Rudd, Editor

Dear West Boca,

Being the Bullseye’s editor for the past year has been incredible. When I first stepped into this class as a sophomore, I never imagined how much I’d fall in love with it. The newspaper quickly became something I’d look forward to every day. The relationships inside the class added to the special experience. The collaboration of writers allowed us to cover such a wide variety of topics. There was always something interesting going on, and I wanted to be a part of it.

Through my first two years at The Bullseye, my writing grew significantly. I had a lot of freedom and was able to write about my interests. I found subjects I was passionate about. I was able to express ideas to West Boca seamlessly. Furthermore, the newspaper put me in touch with so many teachers, students, and clubs that I wouldn’t have otherwise spoken to. I became closer with the West Boca community.

At the end of last year, I was selected to be the editor. I couldn’t have been more excited. Unfortunately, we began the year meeting on Google Meet and we never quite developed the connections with one another that we would’ve had we been in person. Naturally, the pandemic limited what we could do as a team and we couldn’t quite replicate the newsroom environment online. The pandemic also limited how much we could cover as there were fewer events occurring. That being said, we were still able to produce and pump out a lot of articles. Finding the right thing to write about is difficult, and I’m impressed by our ability to always have been working on something meaningful. Even through the pandemic, I was able to cover what I was passionate about, and I hope everyone else at the newspaper did too.

I’m truly proud of what I’ve accomplished at the Bullseye. I had the greatest time and learned so much. The ability to express myself and share ideas with West Boca was so important to me. I wish everyone at West Boca was able to experience what I had.