Attention!!! The New Tardy Policy Is Here

Carldenis Raymond, Reporter

ATTENTION STUDENTS!!!!

The tardy policy has been changed and here’s what you need to know. 

The tardy policy is being changed so that students will be held “to a higher standard of accountability and punctuality.” It will also make the process of giving tardy passes and getting students to class faster and more efficient manner. This will attempt to decrease the number of distractions that happen when tardy students enter their class and allow them to catch more of their teacher’s lessons.

Now, when a student is tardy, they’ll be given a tardy pass which they have to hand to their teacher who will log their tardiness onto SIS. This pass will have a timestamp on it for when the student arrived so that teachers will know that they went straight to their class and are not dilly-dallying around.

Also, students are now only allowed to have a maximum of four tardies throughout a quarter without any serious repercussions. After your fourth tardy, the consequences for the tardies are given in a progressive fashion:

• On your fifth tardy, you get a lunch detention.
  • On your sixth tardy, you get a Saturday detention.
  • On your seventh tardy and more, the consequence given would be decided by an administrator, which includes Saturday detentions, in-school suspensions, and out-of-school suspensions.

If you fail to serve the consequences that you have received, you will be given an out-of-school suspension.

We urge everyone to practice top-quality punctuality and continue to be on top of tardies.