WBHS Underclassmen Awards

The program cover of the West Boca Underclassmen Awards for the 2022-2023 school year.

Alexandra Kimbrell, Reporter

On Tuesday, May 2nd, 2023, West Boca hosted the Underclassmen Honors Awards in the auditorium. 

Unlike last year, fewer students were invited to the ceremony this year. During the ceremony, vice-principal Dorfberger said that this year, it was much stricter to get an invitation compared to the previous years.

This allowed parents and students to walk into the auditorium together, instead of being separated like last school year. Last year, the students attending the ceremony were directed to the gym, where they were separated by grade level, then separated into rows alphabetically. Compared to the mess from having students organize themselves alphabetically, this year’s awards were much better.

Principal Capitano was not available to initiate the ceremony, so Mr. Dorfberger presented instead. 

The Pledge of Allegiance was sung by Issac Lynne and then the awards were presented. Awards for the Top 5% and students with all As were presented first. Then, the department awards were given out. 

At the end, the Principal’s awards were given out to three students, one from each grade level. Camilla DiConza, Valentina Cuadra, and Emina Branin won the award for 9th, 10th, and 11th grade respectively.