What is your favorite spring sport?

View Results

West Boca Boys and Girls Tennis Captures District Championship

West Boca Football Releases 2024 Schedule

March 8, 2024

Opening Night Blowout: West Boca Beats Palm Beach Gardens 19-2

February 21, 2024

Murder’s in the Heir at West Boca

Alexandra Kimbrell
The set of Murder’s in the Heir at West Boca before the show starts.

The theater department is hosting its fall show, Murder’s in the Heir. Last week on the 10th, the play had its opening night. 

This play has many components that make it unique and a must-watch! First, it’s a farce which is an exaggerated drama that uses stereotypes and ridiculous situations for comedic effect. In addition, Murder’s in the Heir is both a comedy and murder mystery as the clever title suggests. The audience also has their own role in the show: getting to choose the ending and interacting with a student director. 

When I went to see Murder’s in the Heir on opening night, I was supremely impressed by the cast and set. The cast perfectly fit their roles and the set was very reminiscent of a country manor, perfect for the setting of the play. Eduarda Silva, a WB student and member of the crew, also commented on the show, “[it’s] truly a splendid show to watch – truly just a fantastic show to both work on and watch – 10s across the board”. I couldn’t agree more with this sentiment. 

The set looks gorgeous, with little details here and there that prepare you for the amazing performance you will watch while simultaneously conveying how ridiculous the plot truly is. While this was my first time watching one of West Boca’s theatre productions, I could not be more impressed with how it turned out. I will attend as many future productions as I can since this one turned out to be amazing. The play has two more show dates, today and tomorrow at 7:30 PM on the 17th. Here is the link to buy tickets, you won’t want to miss this amazing opportunity! If you can’t make it, be sure to keep an eye out for the spring musical later in the year, which was announced as Mamma Mia!

Here are some pictures from the night!

Two volunteers at tables selling flowers and shirts from previous productions.
The TV outside the auditorium showcasing the set. (Alexandra Kimbrell)