The Student News Site of West Boca Raton High School

The West Boca Bullseye

The Bullseye
  • Welcome to West Boca High School's official newspaper, The Bullseye! Follow us on Instagram and Facebook @wbhsbullseye

The West Boca Bullseye

The West Boca Bullseye

Polls

What is your favorite spring sport?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Florida Panthers, The Atlantic Division Champions
West Boca Boys and Girls Tennis Captures District Championship

April 17, 2024

West Boca Football Releases 2024 Schedule

March 8, 2024

Opening Night Blowout: West Boca Beats Palm Beach Gardens 19-2

February 21, 2024

View All

Kitty White AKA Hello Kitty

Room+filled+with+pink+light+and+decorated+with+Hello+Kitty+Items.+
Room filled with pink light and decorated with Hello Kitty Items.

Hello Kitty, also known by her real name Kitty White, has been around since 1974. Yuko Shimizu created this character. This designer works with a worldwide-known Japanese company called Sanrio. Sanrio depicts Hello Kitty as an anthropomorphized white cat with a red bow and no mouth. The character has since become a global icon beloved by people of all ages. While Hello Kitty was created for pre-teens and younger girls, there has been a recent craze over this character in all age groups. 

Although it’s viral, not many know where Hello Kitty first originated. The company Sanrio that’s responsible for making this character had originally just been a silk brand. Over time the brand expanded and started making an array of different products. The hype with Sanrio started after their first character “strawberry” appeared on a pair of rubber sandals. After the quick success, they decided to hire a cartoonist to make several cute characters for the company. Then finally, in 1975, Hello Kitty made her first appearance in a clear mini-plastic purse.

But it didn’t stop there. Since then, she’s been in an array of different products. This includes clothes, backpacks, phone cases, stickers, and bags. There are also many random Hello Kitty products you wouldn’t even expect to see, like a toilet bowl and even motor oil. Hello Kitty also collaborates with many brands like Sephora, Converse, McDonald’s, and Puma. The success of these collaborations allowed them to be seen by higher-end companies. Because of this, they were able to make The Hello Kitty Airbus A330-200(A Hello Kitty Jet) and even a Louis Vuitton Hello Kitty Mini. 

She was even able to build her personality through several animation series after her success with products. She starred in her first show in 1987 called ‘Hello Kitty’s Furry Tale Theater’. Her most known show was ‘The Adventures of Hello Kitty & Friends’ which came out in 2008 and had over 52 episodes. 

Overall, Hello Kitty made a big impact on popular culture and the way merchandise is sold. The character has been loved by all ages from all parts of the country.