How are you studying for finals?

• Reviewing Notes (56%, 5 Votes)
  • I'm not :( (44%, 4 Votes)
  • Tutoring (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Video Lessons (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Group Study Sessions! (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 9

8-year-old Vlada Hranchar is a Future World No. 1
West Boca Baseball Wins Third Straight District Championship

May 3, 2024

West Boca’s Track Team Destroys at Districts

May 1, 2024

How to Have Fun in the Sun

Gabriella Zarubinsky
A sunset over Palmetto Park Rd. in Boca Raton, Florida

Summer is approaching! Whether it is spent with a job or just relaxing in the sun, two months without school is the peak of the teenage experience. Check out this guide on how to make the most of your summer:

1. The Beach:

A summer staple! Whether you work on your tan, relax in the sand, or catch some waves, visiting one of Florida’s many beaches is an easy way to pass the time. Unfortunately, you aren’t the only person wanting to see the beach, so plan to arrive early to find parking and avoid the afternoon storms. Don’t forget some sunscreen, water, towels, and a speaker to enjoy the day worry-free.

1. Jobs:

One of the most productive ways to spend those summer months is to find a part-time job. Not only will you be building your resume and work experience, but you will also put some money in your pocket that wasn’t there before. Some extra cash never hurts, so why not get it while you can? Check out some job sites like Indeed or ZipRecruiter if you need help finding a job.

1. Water Parks

Sometimes underappreciated, Water Parks are a main attraction for any Floridian’s summer. There are a few that are near West Boca, but the best in South Florida might be a bit of a drive. For something local, but best suited for a younger audience, Coconut Cove in South County Park is not even a 5-minute drive from West Boca’s campus. If you’re up for a bit of a drive, Rapids Water Park in Rivera Beach is about an hour away, but is definitely worth it! Give it a try if you find yourself with a day to spare.

1. Volunteering

To some, it may sound unappealing, but volunteering can be one of the most rewarding experiences, all while being accessible to anyone! Whether you’re in need of some community service hours for graduation, or just feel like helping the community, many different organizations offer opportunities that are worth exploring. Check out volunteer opportunities at Sugar Sand Park and the Rales Jewish Family Services.