What is your favorite spring sport?

View Results

West Boca Boys and Girls Tennis Captures District Championship

West Boca Football Releases 2024 Schedule

March 8, 2024

Opening Night Blowout: West Boca Beats Palm Beach Gardens 19-2

February 21, 2024

Introducing Mr. Weaver, West Boca’s Newest Teacher!

Mr. Justin Weaver, who is from Jacksonville, is a new teacher at West Boca! For his first year here, he is teaching AICE U.S History and running the debate team! 

For his education, he has received both his Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from Florida State University (FSU). Mr. Weaver had worked in Broward County for 16 years! He mainly taught debate at Coral Springs High School (10 years). Then, he ended up working in the school district for the last six years running the debate program for all of Broward County. One of his biggest accomplishments was winning the State Debate Coach of the Year Award in 2017. The passion of teaching was greatly missed, so he decided to take the job opportunity here. West Boca is in great hands with Mr. Weaver as the debate coach. 

He is working with Mrs. Sawford to expand, grow, and get all types of students involved in the team. The debate team is going to be unstoppable! With strong past experiences from Mr. Weaver, things are going to get competitive. 

The debate team is planning to compete against other Palm Beach School teams and even travel a few times this year! Those exciting travels include The University of Florida and other places like Harvard! 

As a teacher, Mr. Weaver loves teaching AICE U.S History. The class involves students  making connections between historical events using the words and primary sources of the people who experienced it. 

Getting into Mr. Weaver’s personal life he credits himself with having an amazing wife who works at Monarch High School as an Assistant Principal. He has two children, a son and a daughter. His son (Drew) who is 14 years old is involved with the Monarch High Marching band! His daughter (Grace) on the other hand is 12 years old and attends school at Lyon Creek Middle; she also loves basketball. Outside of school, some of the family’s favorite activities are camping and watching the show Big Brother!

Mr. Weaver is an avid college football and basketball fan and he watches frequently in his spare time. His favorite college football team is the Florida Seminoles. Go Noles! For national sports, he cheers for the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Miami Heat.

We are very excited to see everything Mr. Weaver is bringing to the table for West Boca, especially with the debate team. We are all wishing him the best time in the Bull’s territory!