Let’s Get Down To Business

The FBLA members at West Boca Raton Community High School.

Annael Toledano, Staff Writer

Future Business Leaders of America 

FBLA, is the high school division of Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda, Inc. At West Boca, FBLA is a club which is held once every two months and revolves around a set of different categories. Students have the option of competing in one or more of 72 categories. After selecting a category most interesting to them, they work toward the requirements of each section. Each category has up to three participants.  Within each category there are different requirements which are focused on during club meetings. For example, Social Media Campaign’s guidelines require creating a PowerPoint to present to judges. In the PowerPoint, competitors are expected to include an example of a brand marketing experience utilizing social media. Specific details, financial logistics, and an explanation of how everything ties into financial literacy are also requirements. In the Sports and Entertainment Management category taking a test which includes random facts with your group is required to compete at districts. If testing standards are met, the groups at districts will be provided with another scenario that has to be performed in front of the judges. Each sports management group is provided locations and has to pick between them as well as create a package deal revolving around a sports league in that location. All categories in FBLA are meant to inspire and prepare students to become community-minded business leaders in society through specific career paths and leadership experiences.

Recently West Boca sent a variety of students to compete in districts and fortunately, Angelina Ayala (Organizational Leadership), Kevin Jia (Business Calculations), Joshua Richards (Health Care Administration), Hannah Feingold (Health Care Administration), Guilherme Martins (Business Law), Justin Chirilla (Business Ethics), Abraham Carrera (Business Ethics), Joshua Richards (Sports and Entertainment Management), Nicholas Rubino (Sports and Entertainment Management), Natan Solomon (Sports and Entertainment Management), Sean Sullivan (Sports and Entertainment Management), Rocco Buscaglia (Sports and Entertainment Management), Aliyah Raza (Social Media Campaign), Annael Toledano (Social Media Campaign), Paola Orellana (Social Media Campaign), Ben D´Addio (Social Media Campaign), and Tomas Segnini (Social Media Campaign) will proceed to compete at the state competition in Orlando. In Orlando, competitors will be put against all the other FBLA kids in Florida and those who move forward will compete at the National Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah.

More information can be found at:

https://www.fbla-pbl.org/fbla/competitive-events/guidelines/