West Boca Improv Club

Jainayah Madeus, Reporter

West Boca has over a dozen clubs that you might not know about, the Improv Club included. The purpose of the Improv Club is to spread the art of improvisation to those who are interested. They hope that through their club students will be able to learn acting skills, become more spontaneous, make friends, and most importantly, have fun!

Activities done in the Improv Club include games that help build on certain skills such as character creation, partner work, and believability. These games help build confidence and improve your acting skills!

The Improv Club typically meets every other Friday at 8 p.m., but that is subject to change. They will soon be having meets during lunch, too! It is always fun to try new things; there is no experience necessary for improv. Their club is the perfect place to meet new friends, have fun, and always feel welcome. Hopefully you swing by and pick up some valuable lessons that will carry you through life!

Here are some quotes from their club members:

“My favorite part about the Improv Club is getting to make up my own story on the spot and getting to be creative!” – Veronica Crespo, 10th Grade

“My favorite part of the Improv Club is the extremely inviting environment and great people!” – Sam Fairs, 11th Grade