Mr & Miss Bull 2020-2021

West+Bocas+Mr+and+Miss+Bull+2020-2021.+

Austin Miller, Elisha Caldeira

West Boca’s Mr and Miss Bull 2020-2021.

Annael Toledano, Assistant Editor

As the school year of 2020-2021 rapidly comes to an end, Elisha Caldeira and Austin Miller give their take on the experience as Miss and Mr. Bull. As they were sent the following questions, we received the following responses. 

• How has COVID impacted your experience as Mr and Miss Bull? 
  • Have you been able to accomplish any of your previous goals with the title? 
  • Do you feel as if you were able to make the most out of your experience with the circumstances?

Elisha Caldeira: 

How has COVID impacted your experience as Mr & Miss Bull? 

Covid has impacted my experience as Ms.Bull by not being able to have pep rallies and games the way we normally would have them. It has made it hard for Mr.Bull and I to really do anything for the students. However, we did and are continuing to do our best for the students of West Boca High school. 

Have you been able to accomplish any of your previous goals with the title? 

Due to Covid-19 I personally was not able to accomplish my goals this year. Although, I did the best of my ability to make this year as good as possible. 

Do you feel as if you were able to make the most out of your experience with the circumstances?

I tried my best with the circumstances in front of me this year to do what I could in sga.

Austin Miller:

Regardless of what year it is, being Mr Bull is such an honorary position to have, and I felt the love from my classmates and my teachers this year. Of course, I would’ve wished for a normal year so that I could have the full experience as Mr Bull, but you’re never going to get anywhere by only focusing on the negatives. I really wish I could’ve gotten that one in-person pep rally and live it up, but I focused on what else we as Mr and Miss Bull could do to make the most of our opportunity. We created 3 spirit weeks throughout the duration of the school year, as well as creating a virtual pep rally to look out for. Being Mr Bull really allowed me to connect with a lot more people, and it gave me an extra push to get accepted into UF, my dream school. Even though it was not the most convenient year to be Mr Bull to say the least, I’m forever grateful that my name will be embroidered on a short, limited list of Mr Bull’s at West Boca.