Introduction to Carldenis Raymond

Vincent Shockley, Editor in Chief

Coming from his hometown of Boynton Beach, Carldenis Raymond now attends West Boca and is in the Culinary Academy. Since he was just in middle school, Carl has aspired to work in the culinary field. It is very likely you’ll recognize his face as he was selling school made cookies at nearly every lunch!

Towards the end of last year, Carl had decided that he would love to take another important role at the school as he has joined our school newspaper: the WBHS Bullseye (which you are viewing this on right now!). 

Now to learn a little about who Carl is. Carl may be born in Florida, but he is a first generation American as both of his parents were born and raised in Haiti. In fact, his favorite soft drink is Malta, which is very popular in Haiti and the Dominican Republic (If you’d like to purchase this drink they sell it at our local Loggers’ Run Publix!). Carl is also a family man, as he has 3 sisters (two of which either attended or currently attend West Boca as well). To add on even further to his West Boca Bulls’ pride, Carl currently plays defensive end and nose on our very own Bulls’ football team under new Head Coach Potts. 

In terms of community service work, Carl loves our elders! Carl worked as a server at a nursing home in Lake Worth for about a year which he only had to quit to ensure academic success. Over this summer, Carl spent time with his family by visiting relatives in both Tampa and Miami. Despite vacationing multiple times, the majority of Carl’s summer was spent at football practice, sleeping, as well as thinking about completing his summer projects (not to be mistaken with actually completing them). 

Overall, Carl is ecstatic to be on the newspaper and back in school for his senior year!