Teens of Pink Ribbon

Teens of Pink Ribbon

Talia Badalamente, Reporter

West Boca has a variety of different interest clubs to offer. With around 45 clubs, there’s a range of athletic, academic, and community service clubs. Not only do these clubs look excellent when applying to colleges, but they can also be fun and a great way to meet people with common interests..

Teens of Pink ribbon is new to West Boca as of last year, but has been established since 2014. Originally founded by Fern Duberman, TOPR has expanded into multiple schools in south Florida. Duberman is a Boca resident, interior designer, and cancer awareness advocate. Over the years she has dedicated her time and effort into expanding Teens of Pink Ribbon. Now, TOPR is represented at local schools such as: Saint Andrews, Olympic Heights, Spanish River, Wellington High, Boca High, FAU High, and here at West Boca. 

According to the official TOPR website, “With Fern’s guidance, TOPR has evolved into a network of teens and adults committed to wellness, education, and fundraising, illuminating the resources within the community.

The main goal of Teens of Pink Ribbon is to raise awareness and educate students about cancer, genetics, healthy lifestyle choices, and prevention/treatments. TOPR also does fundraising to support local medical facilities. The fundraising events include 5k walks, toy drives, holiday card making, etc. Not only are these events for a good cause, but they alsocan contribute to community service hours.

Alexa Berk and Madison Ginsberg are the current President and Vice President of West Boca TOPR. Both of them have dedicated  much of their time and effort into running this club atWest Boca. 

The first meeting for this club was held on October 6th, and was a huge success. The next meeting will be on November 16th, if you’re interested in attending. Meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month. If you are looking to be a part of this amazing club, be sure to join the Google Classroom with the code, gafn3ng.