What is your favorite spring sport?

View Results

West Boca Baseball Wins Third Straight District Championship
West Boca’s Track Team Destroys at Districts

May 1, 2024

West Boca Boys and Girls Tennis Captures District Championship

Catherine Andino Drives the Course

West Boca High student Catherine Andino (CJ) not only won Districts but also won Regionals taking first place for Girls’ Golf..  She competed on November 10th and 11th in Orlando.  She is the only freshman on the team and the only person from West Boca who made it.  CJj came in 10th place at the state championships.  In addition, CJ is rated 36th in the state of Florida and 6th in her graduating year. 

CJ plays for the South Florida PGA , AJGA (American Junior Golf Association), FJT (Florida Junior Tour), and underrated tournaments.  She is an amazing golfer who has been playing since she was only 5 years old.  As she is only 14, and freshman, she is a ranked junior golfer and hopes to play Division 1 golf in college.  CJ practices 6-7 times a week at Osprey Point golf course and works with Don Law Golf academy. 

CJ states “I started playing when I was 5 and competitively when I was 7.  I stuttered and played for fun and grew a passion ever since then. I enjoyed states and had a lot of fun. Overall the competition and the experience was amazing.”

The competition was very competitive and tough as it was all of the best high school Golfers from all around Florida.   CJ said it was an honor to represent West Boca as a freshman and  especially being able to compete at States as an individual. CJ wishes that she could have gone with her whole team, but was happy that she made it on her own.  Knowing that the competition was going to be as difficult as it was, CJ was ready to compete for her team with the best players in the state. 

Golf is known to be an individual sport;  however, as a high school student one of the ways of advancing to the next level is with a team. CJ enjoyed working with the team and she feels as though she learned a lot from them throughout the season. 

We cannot wait to see what next season brings!