What is your favorite spring sport?

View Results

West Boca Baseball Wins Third Straight District Championship
West Boca’s Track Team Destroys at Districts

May 1, 2024

West Boca Boys and Girls Tennis Captures District Championship

Girls Varsity Volleyball Records First Win, Bulls Defeat Coral Springs Charter

Rebecca Kittay

The Bulls had an amazing first home game against Coral Springs Charter! They won in 3 sets with the score of the first set being 25-17, the second set 25-23, and the third set 25-13! Two Bulls who got a lot of kills from this game were Emmi Merhi and Anais Santos-Buch (outside hitters), while Larissa Casatti and Jeri Lubag (setters) did a great job setting their hitters up for success! Giovana Casatti and Pietra Ornela (ds/libero) had amazing serve receive and defense throughout the game, and really helped their setters out. All the Bulls who played did a great job when they were on the court and kept their energy high! 

The Bulls had their second FHSAA game, their first was against Boca Christian on August 21, that will help them qualify for the Sweet 16! The Sweet 16 is a tournament that consists of the best 16 teams in the state of Florida. Those teams that qualify for the Sweet 16 play in districts, regionals, and eventually states. The Bulls next game is against Suncoast on August 28. Their next home game is on August 31 against Olympic Heights. 

Student Section

The student section during Wednesday’s game was amazing! Many of our students showed up to support the Bulls in their endeavor to beat Coral Springs Charter. The theme was Black Out and they brought the school spirit! The Varsity Bulls even wore their black jerseys to match! 

When the rally’s were long and the bulls were fighting, the student section kept up the energy with their cheers! For example, when the Panthers would serve, the Bulls student section did their best to psych the servers out by chanting “SIDEOUT!” When the Bulls got kills, the student section got hyped! Overall, the student section helped the Varsity Bulls bring home the first win of the season by bringing the energy! 

PICTURES: (Taken by Rebecca Kittay)

(