What is your favorite spring sport?

View Results

West Boca Baseball Wins Third Straight District Championship
West Boca’s Track Team Destroys at Districts

May 1, 2024

West Boca Boys and Girls Tennis Captures District Championship

A Swing Into Victory Against Spanish River

Rebecca Kittay
The Girls Golf team posing for a picture.

The girls had a victory over Spanish River yesterday at Osprey Point. Due to weather, the girls matches for the last two weeks were canceled. So far the girls have won every match except one with Spanish River. So this was a good rematch into beating a good team. Spanish River had been one of West Boca’s “teams to beat” for two years. 

Coach Bonina said “Madison Lowenstein led the way to beating river with a 38 and Catherine Andino with a 39.  The team had a big win over Spanish River who was undefeated and our only loss so far.  I am proud of all the girls with how well we did beating a terrific team. I am happy with the team staying confident and calm throughout the match. This should be a confidence boost moving forward and most importantly for districts.” 

Co-captain, Rebecca Kittay said “I am so happy over our win over Spanish River, as they defeated us the first time.  I think we have had great improvement since the beginning of the season and there is room to continue to improve.” 

Co-Captain Madison Lowenstein said “I thought that it was our best match together as a team.  We did a great job coming back from our loss against River during our first match of the season.” 

The Girls will play again on Thursday, against Olympic Heights and Boca High at SouthWinds Golf course.