What is your favorite spring sport?

View Results

West Boca Boys and Girls Tennis Captures District Championship

West Boca Football Releases 2024 Schedule

March 8, 2024

Opening Night Blowout: West Boca Beats Palm Beach Gardens 19-2

February 21, 2024

Eight West Boca Athletes Sign National Letter of Intent

On Wednesday, November 8th, eight West Boca athletes signed their national letter of intent on national signing day.

Here are the eight athletes that signed:

Allison Kaempfer – Gymnastics – Penn State

Allison Kaempfer is surely going to experience a White Out as she is committed to Penn State.

“I’m excited to be apart of the team and be able to support my teammates in gymnastics. I’m excited to go to football games and support the other athletes. The atmosphere is amazing… there is really good energy throughout the whole school. It’s very athletics focused and academic focused.”

Tiara Platkin – Gymnastics – Arizona State (ASU)

Tiara Platkin will be taking her talents from the East Coast to the West Coast.

“I chose ASU because honestly the team energy and atmosphere really drew me in. The campus is huge and the academic opportunities are huge, especially with my major: arts and sciences. The diversity on campus is really great. I’m Mexican American so having that big hispanic community there was really inviting.”

Gabby David – Softball – Stetson

Gabby David will be staying in the state of Florida to play college softball for the Hatters.

“I chose Stetson because I love the atmosphere of the school and the intellect of my coaches. The bond the girls have on the team is strong and I am excited to play with all of them next year and get to know them better.”

James Litman – Baseball – Florida Atlantic University (FAU)

James Litman is a star right-handed pitcher for the Bulls. Litman was 4-2 last season with a 1.73 ERA and 64 strikeouts in 52.2 innings pitched. His success on the high school mound will surely translate to the Owls.

“FAU has been recruiting me for two years now. It’s exciting to stay in Boca. They are the best fit for me and that’s why I chose the school.”

Tyler Lichtenberger – Baseball – Appalachian State 

Appalachian State is one of the most beautiful campuses in the entire country. The backdrop of the baseball field is simply breathtaking.

“The campus is beautiful. The field is always posted on ESPN. It’s one of the best fields with the trees and stuff.”

“You got to be patient. It took a while but I finally got the offer. I love the school. I am excited for the atmosphere. They really like sports up there so it’ll be a good spot.”

Lichtenberger will be playing with his best friend at App State, Riley Luft. Luft is a star pitcher and hitter for North Broward Prep. Luft is best friends with the majority of the West Boca baseball team as he went to middle school at Loggers Run.

Parks Fucci – Baseball – Palm Beach State College 

Parks Fucci, one of the fastest baseball players in the county, will be staying in Palm Beach.

“Great campus. Great coach. They welcomed me with open arms. Head coach Kyle Forbes offered me. Excited to play there.”

Matthew Pagan – Baseball – Sante Fe State

Matthew Pagan is a terrific left-handed bullpen arm, and he is a terrific first baseman as well. He’ll be heading up to Gainesville next year.

“I took a nice little visit up to Gainesville. The college town looked amazing. I was super excited to be there. Once I left, I already knew I was going to end up being committed. I am happy that they gave me the opportunity to be committed and play next year.”

Ryan McLaughlin – Lacrosse – Long Island University

Ryan McLaughlin was top five in face-off percentage in the entire country just two years ago. Now, he’ll be taking his talents to Brooklyn.

“I want to win all-conference player. I want to pretty much achieve everything I can on and off the field. As far as recruiting, it’s been a long journey. I can’t wait to play division one lacrosse.”