What is your favorite spring sport?

View Results

West Boca Boys and Girls Tennis Captures District Championship

West Boca Football Releases 2024 Schedule

March 8, 2024

Opening Night Blowout: West Boca Beats Palm Beach Gardens 19-2

February 21, 2024

Time Person of the Year (Taylor’s Version)

Maria Borrero
Taylor Swift performing on April 15th at the Raymond James Stadium to a sold-out stadium.

Earlier this month Time magazine announced the ‘Person of the Year’ as singer-songwriter Taylor Swift.

This honor does not come as a surprise to anyone, with Swift being in the best era of her career by far. Swift has had a spectacular year with her highly successful “Eras Tour” which this year alone has made $1.04 billion dollars and became the highest-grossing tour of all time. This year Swift had 52 sold out shows in the first leg of her U.S. tour and an additional 12 sold out shows in Mexico, Argentina, and Brazil.

Her world tour is not even the beginning of her achievements this year, with her two re-recording releases having broken streaming records across all platforms. The release of 1989 (Taylor’s Version) made Swift the most streamed artist on Spotify in a single day, a record previously held by Swift herself from when the singer released her 10th studio album, Midnights in 2022.

Following all this, Swift released a concert film titled Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour to theaters in October, which of course, broke box office records becoming the highest-grossing concert film of all time earning $128 million on opening weekend.

There is no denying the impact Swift has on the music industry and this year she was credited by a Federal Reserve officer as the reason for economic growth in the United States, furthering her reach.

Swift has an especially loving bond with her dedicated fans which is a direct result of her consideration for others. What speaks most to people is not the fact that she is this pop star phenomenon, but her character, which inspires her fans, most notably young women, to make their voices heard. Swift crafts lyrics that make anyone feel seen and can be the soundtrack through even the most impactful moments in life. She has the ability to put indescribable feelings into words with the most enchanting manner that counters any poet.

Swift has taught a whole generation to feel comfortable being dramatic, fearless, excited, and emotional. With Phoebe Bridgers (Swift’s close friend and collaborator) putting it simply: “I’m grateful to have grown up in a world with Taylor Swift in it. Or the world (Taylor’s Version).”

1
View Comments (1)
$50
$500