What is your favorite spring sport?

View Results

West Boca Boys and Girls Tennis Captures District Championship

West Boca Football Releases 2024 Schedule

March 8, 2024

Opening Night Blowout: West Boca Beats Palm Beach Gardens 19-2

February 21, 2024

FBLA Means Business

Abby Martinez
Part of the School Store snack selection

Student-led organizations are the backbone of WBHS, and yet they often go overlooked. So much of what makes up West Boca High’s culture has all been established by the hard work put in by students of all types. One such organization, responsible for the operation of the School Store in Building 6, is the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA). 

Founded by Mr. Jaddaoui, West Boca High’s FBLA chapter is one of the largest in the county, funding its club-related activities almost exclusively through sales from the School Store. Selling a variety of snacks, drinks, and West Boca merchandise at lunch every day has brought the organization wild success in a few short years. You can check out the store at Building 6 Downstairs during lunch.

What is this money used for? FBLA offers 70+ business-related competitions and competes on the local, state, and national levels. While competing is optional to be involved in the club, the awards through FBLA are nationally recognized and can be listed on college resumes. The state competition, which is located in Orlando, is completely funded by School Store funds. Being able to take the financial burden off of students competing allows for a more inclusive and level competitive environment.

Besides the competitive aspect of the club, FBLA also offers multiple business-related field trips that offer unique networking opportunities. Trips to the Florida Panthers Hockey game are a yearly tradition of theirs, allowing students to meet with top-level business executives beforehand while also enjoying some fun! Outside of sports-related events, FBLA also offers county-level career fairs and business conferences that are available to club members.

FBLA, among other student organizations, has and continue to provide exceptional opportunities to those who get involved. Make sure to keep an eye out for these clubs throughout the year!