What is your favorite spring sport?

View Results

West Boca Boys and Girls Tennis Captures District Championship

West Boca Football Releases 2024 Schedule

March 8, 2024

Opening Night Blowout: West Boca Beats Palm Beach Gardens 19-2

February 21, 2024

What’s Up with the Stanley Cup?

A trend that has carried over from 2023 to 2024 is the Stanley Cup trend. Since 2019, Stanley increased their revenue from 73 million to a projected 750 million in 2023, due to the love of the Quencher. The company is over one hundred years old and originally produced insulated bottles that were for blue collar people and those who love the outdoors. This is very different from why the company is popular now. They are now primarily popular with women. In 2016, when the Quencher launched, it was marketed to men. It did not sell well. The company was ready to pull it off the shelves until fans of the quencher begged the company to sell them 5,000 Quenchers to see if they could sell them to their followers. The cups sold out in days. One of the main issues that caused the product to not sell well was ineffective marketing. Stanley was not targeting the right group of people.

Influencers are largely responsible for the Stanley Cup doing so well. Stanley specifically has been endorsed on Tik Tok. The methods in which companies can market their products have increased. Influencers are an effective way to market a product and this method has done wonders for Stanley. A major factor in the blowing up of Stanley´s Quenchers was when an influencer posted about her car catching on fire and her Stanley surviving.She demonstrated that the Stanley tumbler still had ice in it by shaking it after she appeared to be pulling it from the destroyed car.  Stanley pays influencers who endorse their product a commission. The influencer who posted about her surviving Stanley Quencher was gifted a new car by the company. The company has taken full advantage of the fact that influencers have the ability to convince their followers that a product is worth having because of their love for it. 

Generally, Stanley´s are forty-five to fifty dollars, but there are others that can go over two hundred on resale platforms such as ebay. Nevertheless, there are people who will and have bought them. The company has grown to the point of partnering with Starbucks, and celebrities such as country star Lainey Wilson. Stanley Quenchers still sell out very quickly. People were camping outside of Target for the Starbucks and Stanley collaboration cup. This trend is very indicative of the power of social media and proper marketing. In 2022, there was an upgrade from the original Quencher to the Quencher H2.0 FlowState™ Tumbler. It does not look like the popularity of Stanley tumblers will be waning anytime soon.